Thursday, October 4, 2007

Week 5 task ???

I tried for a bit to see how the week 5 task can reveal itself as useful. Each online feeder service did not appeal to me. I realise I am completing a task within the 23 Things program and shall press any number of buttons to achieve this goal, but I think I am experiencing a familiar feeling of knowing nothing (of this technical world) and not wanting to find out. I have created a new account, though I am not sure I shall use it.
Metaphorically speaking, I am in a new car, idly pressing buttons and one of them may open the sunroof, the boot, set off the car alarm which I have no idea how to fix. But one of them could propel me out of my seat or destroy the engine because I pressed self destruct. Now this is of course fanciful. But I have had some anxious moments pressing all the buttons for these new programs even though I know that Swinburne keeps me on trainer wheels and I cannot crash the server.
On the other hand the previous tasks have led me to new knowledge and skill and I have begun to enjoy the possibilities.
I can create (free) logos. Invitations and greetings can now have a special ELECTRONIC flair which will dazzle my circle of family and friends.
I am already planning a whole new focus for my photographs, including the ones in fusty albums from the turn of the century. I shall scan them with a Hewlett Packard scanner, recommended by a professional blogger on my flickr site. I shall include a selection in PictureAustralia Ourtown

I am happy with this blog, which has given me an opportunity to think aloud. I have to do this thinking, sensibly, as I use my name. This concentrates the mind and allows me to distill my thoughts rather than shooting off, which I have a propensity for.
I have found one of Dana's favourite blogs - Annoyed L extremely amusing. It makes me laugh and think: a perfect combination and well worth this blogging business.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Sara, I hope you can get comfortable with your feed reader. I find mine absolutely indispensable now that I read more than a handful of blogs. You might like to add Tom's and Rebecca's blogs, and mine, to your feed reader so you can keep up with them more easily. You could also add the 23 things blog so you don't have to look for it each time.

Anonymous said...

Good advice, Dana ... excepting the part recommending subscribing to my blog. I'm remarkably behind in my posts!

Sara, I now subscribe to 213 blogs (about 50 of these are 23 Things related) and I just wouldn't be able to cope with this many without the benefit of Google Reader!