Thursday, July 3, 2008

To be in there and because I am essentially curious, I entered Linkedin.

As usual it was very simple. The tricky part is to remember your password. From experience I now print out the register details and write the password on the sheet. Trickier still is where to put the details, but I am a librarian.

The first of the new 5 is irrelevant to me. I do not want a job, consultancy, to meet people, to talk about myself, to describe my job. For others this may be just the link they have been waiting for.

My experience with the first 23 things has taught me to go into these projects to see what is there. I have and I am glad I am still curious. That knowledge is the key.

I can do it.

I did it

I do not need it

I exercised new-found expertise/confidence with the internet world

I may or may not brag to my family and friends by dropping a reference to Linkedin when people talk about networking

To quote Henry Jenkins*, guru from MIT on digital technology:

“…the design philosophy underpinning games in education was less about serious games than serious gaming: the content was less important than the way programs allowed students to explore and experiment.” **(my emphasis)

*Peter de Flores Professor of Humanities and co-director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Comparative Media Studies program

**From an article in the Australian Higher Ed section 2 July 2008

No comments: