Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I followed the bouncing ball, got lost and then Carol came to the rescue


I was nearly there. I installed firefox, macro media, changed pixels. The instuctions were clearcut.

Then came time to post Morticia in Wiki pets.

I tried and tried. I was here late last night and got Morticia's file ready for loading. In fact I loaded two files, but not in the pets section. I have no idea where they are.

This morning, I relooked at instructions and tried again - edit button - press; look at other entries; copy code, but I did not know how to do a straight line
rather than / . I do not know how important this is but when I "loaded" and looked at the pets page, just the words I wrote were there. I felt a fool, but knowing Carol and Jo's pets are on the page, I asked Carol for help. A few clicks, experiment, paste the straight line and remove / , change the area for the post and HEY, HEY presto, there is Morticia on the Pets page.

Thank you Carol, the solution finder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara
Well done posting a photo to the wiki. Wiki software isn't really designed for uploading files, which is part of the reason it's so complicated.
That said, I've left a request on Diep's blog for some tips on how we can make the wiki instructions clearer. A number of people seem to have found this the hardest task so obviously it should be the focus of some improvement.
By the way, Morticia is absolutely beautiful; such a mournful face!