Monday, November 12, 2007

Here I go again

del.icio.us / searchdel.icio.us / searchdel.icio.us / searchdel.icio.us / search

I was getting very frustrated as I entered del.icio.us. I mentioned in the previous post that I am now a bit over it. One more entry, one more password, one more account and what is the point? I am dutiful however and joined D ... I followed the excellent instructions from the team and typed in a topic AND NOT ONE SOUL HAD USED IT. It was about fitness as a predictor of health, so I was surprised.

I then followed my tried and true penchant and entered a couple of favourite authors and there were plenty of fellow travellers out there, writing reviews and, in some cases, blathering on. I did note a long article by Louis De Bernieres himself, about Greece, and why he wrote Captain Corelli's Mandolin. That is worth a revisit and no, I did not bookmark it or mark it a favourite or join a fan club. I just noted it and will find my way back, my way.

I have pondered a little about whether the 23 Things program is too long or too concentrated or too repetitive. I wonder if the initial half dozen or so principal tasks are enough for the new learner to get a grip on the quite amazing possibilities in web 2.0, and the next dozen are for the really, really keen. I am guessing that the program's drivers believe that the whole 23 Things is to be completed as a batch, a bit like the full dose of antibiotics, for the program to work and be understood. But I sense that there could be two stages- and the designers could conceivably create the portions to fit the needs.

This may be better than one size fits all.

No comments: