Sunday, September 23, 2007

Flickr: success

I created the flickr account on Friday and tried to write about the task in my blog. My entry (ies) did not appear, despite pressing buttons to publish, save, etc. Getting the rhythm of blogging versus our regular communication programs at Swinburne, with all the built in protections Swinburne provides for us, will be a goal for me.
I liken reaching these achievements to climbing a steep mountain and not being out of breath at the top.

I also recognise that I am a rank amateur in this new world of the 23 things - using these almost Dr Who/out of this world (for me) programs to enter spaces I have never been. I also have a certain joie-de-vie knowing that my 1%, miniscule knowledge is about 99% more knowledge than my family and friends have. I shall endeavour not to become a geeky bore and raise the topics of blogging and using flickr at every opportunity - to show off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure 'geeky bore' is quite the right term for it ... at least I hope not! :-)